Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Roasted Butternut Squash with Onions and Curry

The cut squash I had leftover from making the hummus was one of the few edible items in my fridge tonight which made it the obvious choice for dinner. These moments when you think "what can I throw together?" are when some of my favorite things are invented.


You'll need:
- roughly 1 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash
- half a red onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter



Toss the squash, onion and curry powder in a gallon plastic bag until coated. Transfer to a baking dish and dot with butter. Roast at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender, turning once half way through.



It was so good! I love when things work out like this. I used half regular curry powder and half tikka masala powder because I had it. This would make a great side dish for meat or might be good served over greens. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment