Monday, September 26, 2011

Knives

Every so often my mom gives me a gift that hits the nail right on the head. A couple years ago she gave me a red Kuhn Rikon 6" chef's knife.
It rocked my world. It's so sharp and cuts like a dream. It even comes with a cover so that it doesn't get dull kicking around your utensil drawer. I decided I needed more and bought a couple on Amazon.

A yellow mini prep knife that rules vegetables like a boss. And a curved herb knife, in green, of course.


I used my herb knife for the first time tonight to chop sage. It was awesome. It worked just like I wanted it to and was super sharp. So sharp that a funny thing happened.


Oops! Got a little close on that one. Thankfully it just took my nail off and didn't cut my skin. And don't worry, I removed the bit of nail before I added the sage to the recipe. If you can learn from me and be careful, then I highly recommend these knives.

2 comments:

  1. How are these for cutting butternut squash? Because I have the worst time doing that with my knives...

    ReplyDelete