Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Cupcakes

I was browsing various food blogs one day, like I do, and came across this recipe for pistachio cupcakes. Yum, right? You use boxed cake mix, which I'm ok with sometimes. I love making stuff from scratch, but I also love stuff not taking forever. I figured Easter was great occasion to try this recipe out and make some adorable nest cupcakes. They're cute and really easy: the perfect combination for holiday baking.





You'll need:

1 box white cake mix
1 box pistachio pudding
3 egg whites
oil & water
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cream
sweetened flake coconut
Cadbury mini eggs

Stir together cake mix and pudding mix, then add egg whites, oil and water according to box directions. Cool cupcakes completely.



For the frosting, whip together butter, confectioners sugar, cream and vanilla until light and fluffy.



In a dry pan, heat coconut over medium heat. Stir continuously until it's toasted.



Frost cupcakes then sprinkle toasted coconut around the outside edge, leaving a small space in the center. Arrange two mini eggs in the middle of your nest. You'll have better luck with the coconut staying on your cupcake if you prepare these one at a time. You want the frosting to still be soft so that that the coconut stick to it. Serve and enjoy!



The cupcake part of this is really delicious. I am definitely going to find other uses for it. The color is beautiful and it has a nice gentle flavor.




The final product is really cute. The toasted coconut is delicious and adds a nice texture to these.


I really enjoyed these and I hope you do too!



3 comments: