Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reuben Mac n' Cheese

Rachael Ray is one of those chefs that you either love or hate. I'm somewhere in the middle. You'll never hear me say EVOO and I wouldn't want to spend an evening with her, but damn can the woman cook. Somehow she whips out 30 minute meals that really are good. I love stuff stirred into mac and cheese and Rachael Ray has a bunch of great recipes. This one promises not to disappoint. It's two of my favorite things combined. I didn't get pictures of the process on this one, sorry guys. But the final product looks great.



You can find the original recipe here. Essentially, you make a cheese sauce with swiss, cheddar and gruyere, stir in corned beef and sauerkraut, then top with rye bread crumbs. It's so good! It's all the delicious reuben flavors in a creamy, wonderful mac and cheese.



The recipe calls for 3/4 of a pound of ground beef and a pound of sauerkraut. I used half a pound of both and found it to be just right, but that's how I prefer my reuben. I also used seeded rye, because I like the extra kick of flavor, but I'm sure this would be just as good with un-seeded. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. If you do, I would recommend her Philly cheesesteak mac and cheese and the crab and corn chowder mac.


3 comments:

  1. I'd like to see (and by see I mean taste) lots of other mac and cheese variations. Would it be TOO CRAZY to have a cook off, with sample size portions?
    I'd do one, and I'm not even good at it. Amanda makes a good one. I bet Dave does too.
    JUST AN IDEA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More mac-n-cheese experiments, plz.

    ReplyDelete