Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stop SOPA!

A lot of sites have gone dark today in protest of SOPA, "Stop Online Piracy Act" (H.R. 3261) and PIPA, "ProtectIP Act" (S.968) and I thought I'd say something about it. Like many people are saying, this isn't the way to go about curbing piracy. It's so far reaching that people like myself could be shut down as would many of my favorite websites like Google, Reddit and Craft. If we want to get technical, I share copyrighted recipes with you guys and I could be prosecuted for it. I'm not a lawyer yet people, so let's do what we can to avoid that. Here's what you can do to help stop it:

1. Google's site had lots of good information. https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/
2. Find out if your U.S. Representative or Senator supports SOPA or PIPA at  SOPAOpera.org.
3. Use the tools at AmericanCensorship.org, Engine Advocacy and POPVOX to tell Congress where you stand.

Have your voice heard! See that linking I did? Ya, that would be breaking the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment